WALL PLATE CONNECTION
Bose Corporation, Framingham, MA 01701-9168
Made in the U.S.A.
RISQUE DE CHOCELECTRIQUE
NE PAS OUVRIR
RISK OF ELECTRICALSHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
DO NOT SWITCH
WHILE POWER IS ON
400 Watt System Electronics
CLASS 2 WIRING
100/120V~AC T6.25A, L250V
220/240V~AC T3.15A, L250V
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules. Operationis
subject to the following conditions: (1)This device may not cause
harmful interference and (2)this device must accept any interference
received,including interference which may cause undesired operat
Complies with Canadian ICES-003 Class A Spec.
FreeSpace E4 Series II
• Connect a straight-wired DB9M-to-DB9F cable between
the COM port of your PC and the RS-232 port of the
• Make sure the E4 system POWER switch is set to ON.
• Launch the Installer software on your PC.
• NOTE: The software installation disc is included with
the E4 system hardware.
• When the connection is initialized, the Installer software
automatically switches the E4 unit from standby to
• Once the connection is established, the Hardware Set
Up window for the E4 system appears on the screen.
• Select Out Gain for each zone.
• Click the Mute checkbox to silence the zone outputs of
the E4 system.
• Leave one zone active for monitoring purposes, or
connect a single speaker to the ZONE 1 output.
• Select ZONE Set Up for each zone output.
• Select the proper loudspeaker EQ type from the
Speaker EQ drop list.
• Select In Gain for the first music source.
• Select the proper input type from the Type drop list.
• When using sources that have an output gain control,
increase the source output gain until the signal meter is
solid green. Occasional flashing red is normal.
• When using sources that do not have an output gain
control, increase the input gain using the Gain slider
until the signal meter is solid green.
• Set Opti-source
to On. If you hear a dramatic
increase or decrease in volume, adjust your input gain
• NOTE: For detailed information on the setup of mic, line
and page sources see the online help system.
1 Connect your PC to the E4 system 2 Start the Installer software 3 Mute the zone outputs
4 Set zone Speaker EQ 5 Set Input Gain for music sources
• Select Source Assign for each zone.
• Move selected System Sources to the ZONE Sources
list using the right arrow button.
• In the Zone Sources list, double click on the name of
the source you want as the default source.
• Assign Paging to a zone by adding the PAGE source.
• Make sure all zones are connected to the E4 system.
• Select Out Gain for each zone.
• Raise the Gain slider to the desired maximum volume
and move the Maximum Gain Stop to this location.
• Lower the Gain slider to the desired minimum volume
and move the Minimum Gain Stop to this location.
• Set the Gain slider to the desired initial volume.
• Select EQ for each zone.
• Make the desired adjustments to the Low, Mid and Hi
• Select Dynamic EQ for the zone and set it to On.
• Check that the Auto Volume sensing microphone has
been installed according to recommendations.
• Select Auto Volume for the zone to be calibrated.
• Set the Auto Volume Tracking level. Use a level of
“less than” by “3” or “6” dB for background systems,
and a level of “equal to” or “more than” by “1” or “3” dB
for foreground systems.
• Click the Set Up button to start the calibration process.
• Follow the onscreen instructions during the process.
• For detailed information on the Auto Volume function,
see the online help system.
• Click the Flash Hardware Configuration button to
save the current system settings as the new default
configuration. The default configuration contains the
settings that are loaded when the E4 system is powered
• Click the Save File button to save the settings in a file
on your PC where they can be stored for future use.
10 Flash hardware configuration
7 Set zone Output Gain6 Assign sources to zones 8 Adjust the zone EQ
9 Calibrate Auto Volume
©2004 Bose Corporation, The Mountain, Framingham, MA 01701-9168 USA
279146 AM Rev.00 CCM-000922
• NOTE: Install your FreeSpace
software before following these steps.
E4 Series II System Quick Start-Up Guide